THE WAY OF URBAIN V : FROM AUBRAC TO THE CITY OF THE POPES
From Nasbinals to Avignon
On this long-distance footpath from Lozère to Vaucluse passing also through the department of Gard, you will be following in the footsteps of – and seeing some of the great works accomplished by - Urbain V, who gives his name to this Way. Born at Grizac, in Lozère, Urbain V became the 12th French Pope of Avignon, and played a major role in the introduction of Gothic art and architecture into the Gévaudan region. He was the founder of the splendid cathedral at Mende, and also of many other notable churches which you will be able to see along the Way.
Getting thereRailway station at Aumont Aubrac (Half an hour far from Nasbinals) and at Mende (Half an hour far from Ispagnac).
Level of difficulty
The price includes: - half board accommodation
- the carriage of luggage
- a guidebook (one guidebook for 1-2 people)
The price DOES NOT includes : - packed lunch/ midday picnic
- dinner in Avignon
- insurance, drinks; personal spending
- the cost of getting from your home to the starting point, or getting home again after the holiday
- any taxis or shuttles taking you back to your car; any extra transport for shortening sections of the walk
- parking fees.
- booking fees (15 € per person)
- the extra charge for postage outside France (15 € per booking)
Quercy and Perigord 2018 PERIGORD AND QUERCYOn leaving Figeac, the birthplace of Champollion (‘the father of Egyptology') for Les Eyzies, the world capital of prehistory, your walking tour will take you through the part of the Lot valley... Booking