THE WAY OF URBAIN V : FROM AUBRAC TO THE CITY OF THE POPES
From Nasbinals to Avignon
On this long-distance footpath from Lozère to Vaucluse passing also through the department of Gard, you will be following in the footsteps of – and seeing some of the great works accomplished by - Urbain V, who gives his name to this Way. Born at Grizac, in Lozère, Urbain V became the 12th French Pope of Avignon, and played a major role in the introduction of Gothic art and architecture into the Gévaudan region. He was the founder of the splendid cathedral at Mende, and also of many other notable churches which you will be able to see along the Way.
Getting thereRailway station at Alès (Transfer possible by bus from Alès to Anduze) and at Avignon.
Level of difficulty
The price includes: - half board accommodation (except dinner in Avignon)
- the carriage of luggage
- a guidebook (one guidebook for 1-2 people)
The price DOES NOT includes : - packed lunch/ midday picnic
- dinner in Avignon
- insurance, drinks; personal spending
- the cost of getting from your home to the starting point, or getting home again after the holiday
- any taxis or shuttles taking you back to your car; any extra transport for shortening sections of the walk
- parking fees.
- booking fees (15 € per person)
- the extra charge for postage outside France (15 € per booking)
Mont Saint Michel 2019 Pilgrims' routes along the tracks leading to Mont Saint-MichelFrom Coutances and its renowned 13th century cathedral to Mont St Michel, one of the wonders of the west, this route alternates between villages, well-wooded farmland, coastal paths and fishing... Booking