THE SAINT JAMES WAY - Camino de Santiago de Compostela 2018 / Le Puy Way
From Le Puy en Velay to St Jean Pied de Port
For centuries, these long-distance footpaths have been used by pilgrims and walkers. Following these tracks steeped in history and visiting so many different places, you will be entranced by the richness and variety of the areas you pass through. This long-distance footpath is probably the most ancient of its kind. It follows the route of the "Via Agrippa" marked out by the Romans between Lyon and Toulouse. You will be able to choose the section you wish to walk anywhere between Le Puy and Santiago de Compostela.
CommentsPlease let us know if you wish to have accommodation at St Come or at Espalion.
It is possible to arrange to do several sections of the pilgrims' way.
CommentsHotels 1 and 2 ** and bed and breakfast
Getting thereRailway stations (Gare SNCF) at Aumont-Aubrac, St Christophe-Vallon or at Rodez.
GradientSuitable for everyone; 3 to 8 hours' walking per day.
Level of difficulty
The price includes: - half board accommodation and the tourist tax (‘taxe de séjour')
- the carriage of luggage
- the ‘topo-guide'guidebook (one guidebook for 1-2 people);
The price DOES NOT includes : - the midday picnic
- drinks and personal spending
- the cost of getting from your home to the starting point, or getting home again after the holiday
- any taxis or shuttles taking you back to your car; any extra transport for shortening sections of the walk or any parking fees.
- booking fees (15 € per person)
- the extra charge for postage outside France (15 €)
THE WAY OF URBAIN V : FROM AUBRAC TO THE CITY OF THE POPES From Nasbinals to AvignonOn this long-distance footpath from Lozère to Vaucluse passing also through the department of Gard, you will be following in the footsteps of – and seeing some of the great works accomplished by... Booking