THE SAINT JAMES WAY - Camino de Santiago de Compostela 2018 / Le Puy Way
From Le Puy en Velay to St Jean Pied de Port
For centuries, these long-distance footpaths have been used by pilgrims and walkers. Following these tracks steeped in history and visiting so many different places, you will be entranced by the richness and variety of the areas you pass through. This long-distance footpath is probably the most ancient of its kind. It follows the route of the "Via Agrippa" marked out by the Romans between Lyon and Toulouse. You will be able to choose the section you wish to walk anywhere between Le Puy and Santiago de Compostela.
CommentsIt is possible to arrange to do several sections of the pilgrims' way.
Comments1* and 2** hotels and guest houses.
Getting thereRailway station (Gare SNCF) at Auch then buses for Aire. There is a railway station at St Jean Pied de Port.
Maximum daily uphill climb: from 50-150 metres (roughly 150-500 feet).
Level of difficulty
The price includes: - Half board accommodation
- The carriage of luggage
- The transportation on Day 3
- A guidebook (one guidebook for 1-2 people)
- The tourist tax (‘taxe de séjour')
The price DOES NOT includes : - The midday picnic
- Insurance, drinks; personal spending
- The cost of getting from your home to the starting point, or getting home again after the holiday
- Any taxis or shuttles taking you back to your car; any extra transport for shortening sections of the walk
- Parking fees.
- Booking fees (15 € per person)
- The extra charge for postage outside France (15 €)
ALSACE Vineyards, Villages and Medieval CastlesFrom the medieval village of Turckheim (where you can meet the last night watchman/town crier in France) to the pretty old town of Obernai, you can see a succession of villages: Niedermorschwihr,... Booking