On leaving Figeac, the birthplace of Champollion (‘the father of Egyptology') for Les Eyzies, the world capital of prehistory, your walking tour will take you through the part of the Lot valley containing Rocamadour, before taking you onwards into Périgord. You will pass through green valleys and will be able, with a little forward planning, to visit a number of caves containing some of the earliest relics of our civilisation.
Getting thereRailway station (Gare SNCF) at Figeac and at Les Eyzies.
From 100 to 700 m of uphill walking in any one day
Level of difficulty
The price includes: - Half-board accommodation,
- luggage transfers,
- accommodation tax (‘taxe de séjour)
- the provision of route guides and maps at a scale of 1:25,000 (2½ inches to 1 mile).
One guidebook is provided for 1-4 people.
The price DOES NOT includes : - Packed lunches,
- transport between station and hotel,
- personal expenses,
- the cost of transport between your home and the starting and/or finishing points of the walking tour.
- Booking fees (15 € per person)
- The extra charge for postage outside France (15 €)
Mont Saint Michel 2019 Pilgrims' routes along the tracks leading to Mont Saint-MichelFrom Coutances and its renowned 13th century cathedral to Mont St Michel, one of the wonders of the west, this route alternates between villages, well-wooded farmland, coastal paths and fishing... Booking